Friday, November 12, 2010

Two steps forward ...

one step back.

Parker was so good today about coming when I called him that I left his leash off as we went outside. And for four or five visits, he was great. We’d play chase games until I called him and he’d come right up to me for a hug. Then I’d send him off to play and he would bow and bound. When it was time to go inside, he trotted right along side me, sit politely while i opened the door and then follow me inside. So I put his leash up.

Ha! It wasn’t quite dark when we went outside again. And would he come when called? Not a chance. I finally managed to walk him down and leash him. He seemed so disappointed when we just went out again. Leashed.

However, we had a great session of sitting with the clicker and some chicken. And by ‘great’, I mean he would stand there looking at me for several seconds, sit, get clicked, eat, repeat.

I think he’s getting the hang of it.

Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment