Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sometimes life just sucks

When I took Parker to the vet's this week and mentioned that I was picking ticks off him, I was told that they are particularly bad this year. This was confirmed by an article in today's paper, which said that, in eastern Pennsylvania, up to 80% of dogs cold test positive for Lyme disease. So I got Frontline for all three dogs. The vet mentioned that it was particularly important for my older girls. I got a followup call the next day (apparently some dogs react badly to the medicine) and I said that I had dosed all three, but that, within twenty-four hours, I had picked another tick off Parker. I was assured that it could take a few days for the medicine to work its way through is system. In fact, Thursday I took three more off him!

As for the 'life sucks' part, Thursday night I got a tick off *me* and this morning the area is red, swollen and very, very sore. I'm waiting for the doctor to return my call to tell me if I need to ignore it, come in for a visit or start immediately panicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment