Thursday, January 6, 2011

Who knew Cheerios were so delicious?

A couple of days ago, when it was cold and rainy, Parker wouldn’t come inside. I was tired, grumpy and unwilling to wait it out, so, knowing it was probably a mistake, I went inside and looked for something to tempt him. Not willing to give him anything good, I got a ziplock baggie of Cheerios. When he saw that I had them, from a distance of about twenty feet, he rushed to my side. And I gave him one.

One lousy Cheerio.

The downside: as I expected, he now only comes inside when bribed.

The upside: he’ll come for one Cheerio.

We’ve now made it as far as the backdoor for me and the farthest edge of the yard for him. As soon as I see him start to move, I’ll call out, “Parker! Come!” in a happy voice.

Well, at least it’s a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment