Monday, January 10, 2011

Giving up

Yesterday I gave up. Although Parker will come running from one length of the yard to another for a single Cheerio, he obstinately continues to refuse to come when I call from the back door. And it’s too furking cold to wait him out. So I gave up on waiting and came inside without him. It took him several minutes to realize that I wasn’t coming back and then he came to the door and barked. Just once and not loudly. I let him in.

We’ve been out several times today. It’s the only way I get to smoke. But each time I’ve come in directly, without even calling him. Each time it’s taken him a few minutes before he goes to the door, although each time the amount of waiting has lessened.

I’m going to kick myself if he learns waiting me out won’t work, considering how much time I’ve spent over the past few weeks freezing my ass off trying to get him to follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment